Trinity Oaks C of E Primary School Development Plan
Trinity Oaks is a relatively new school. It is important that the school’s leadership has a clear plan for the development of the school. We also need to reflect on what is going well and what could be further improved. The Governing Body of Trinity Oaks have set out their long term vision and strategy for the school and within this, each academic year, the School Development Plan is written in consultation with the whole school community.
There are some principles which underpin the School Development Plan
- The School Development Plan (SDP) provides a framework of identified development priorities for the current academic year agreed by the Head teacher, staff, pupils, parents and governors.
- Trinity Oaks C of E Primary School values (Friendship, Respect, courage and Thankfulness) inform all aspects of the SDP.
- Trinity Oaks C of E Primary School is a committed community that both initiates and responds to change; it reflects the needs of everyone involved in its development, pupils, parents, staff and governors.
- The Plan’s strength is that it ensures a consistent focus on pupil achievement, high expectations, good value for money and manageability.
- The SDP is a working document that is frequently reviewed by all those involved in the plan.
The plan reflects the following National Initiatives
Ofsted: Common Inspection Framework (September 2019) and Inspection Handbook (September 2021)
- Children and Young people’s plan for Surrey 2009-19
- New Primary Curriculum 2014 (including new policy statement on Relationships Education and PSHE)
- National Curriculum Assessment Frameworks 2019
- SEND 2014
- DfE Safeguarding: Keeping Children Safe in Education –Revised guidance (September 2021)
- DfE departmental advice: Mental Health and Behaviour in schools
- Ofsted: ‘Bold Beginnings’ (The Reception Curriculum in a sample of good and outstanding schools)
Information about the SDP written for parents can be viewed here
A full copy of the School’s SDP is available on request.