At Trinity Oaks C of E Primary School we recognise the importance of high quality PE and School Sport in the life of the school
- The school has an important role in providing pupils with the confidence and skills for lifelong participation in physical activity as this will lead to better long term health
- It is recognised that physical activity makes a valuable contribution to pupils’ health and well being
- Research shows that physical activity can improve academic success
- School sport contributes to pupils’ ability to work as a team and demonstrate leadership. It helps to build character and embed the values of fairness and respect.
- Local competition helps us to work with other schools, raise the profile of the school and develop links with sporting organisations in the local community.
The following Aims and Objectives are included in our Physical Activity Policy
To provide a supportive environment and a range of opportunities to increase the physical activity levels of the whole school and improve the health and well-being of pupils, staff and parents/carers.
To keep under review our policy for physical activity so that it is appropriate for older pupils as the school grows.
The intended outcomes of this policy are
- To increase pupils’ knowledge, understanding, experience and attitudes towards physical activity
- To provide positive sporting role models and consistent messages in school about physical activity both within and outside the taught curriculum
- To improve pupil’s physical fitness, behaviour, self-esteem, confidence and ability to work with one another
Our PE, School Sports and Physical Activity (PESSPA) Funding Provision and Impact report for 2022-23 can be read here