Home School Link Worker
At Trinity Oaks, we strongly believe that the best outcomes for young children occur when parents and carers work in partnership with our school.
One of the ways this is achieved is by having a Home School Link Worker
Our Home School Link Worker is Mrs Katy Whitford
Home School Link Workers work with children and families to help them in different ways and some examples include
- Children who are anxious or withdrawn
- Parents and carers experiencing difficulties managing their child’s behaviour
- Parents, carers and children who are experiencing change, such as parental separation or bereavement
- Parents and carers whose children are often absent from school or where getting to school on time is a problem
- Parents and carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on their family life, such as illness, separation, domestic violence, bereavement
Katy can provide
- A chance to talk in a confidential and non-judgemental environment
- One to one support and advice
- Parenting guidance on developing and maintaining positive discipline
- Help to access grants
- Home visits to support families and children
- Links to other agencies
Our HSLW can make referrals to various outside agencies along with working with CAHMS, Young Carers, Community Nurse Team, Bereavement specialists, occupational health, ESDAS (East Surrey Domestic Abuse Service), educational phycologists, housing, Children and family Centre, YMCA, The Henry Smith Charity, Food Banks and The Horley Food Club, The Greenaway Foundation and many more.
Katy will often be on the playground in the mornings if you would like to speak to her. Please note her working days are Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays (all day). Alternatively you can contact Katy by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office in confidence.
Advice from Surrey regarding Health, Wellbeing and Emotional Wellbeing Support for Children is available here.